Beginner’s Guide to Write a Research Paper
If you have been browsing the Internet for tips on how to write a research paper, you have stumbled upon the right place. A research paper comes under the umbrella of academic writing that uses original research that includes evaluation and interpretation from the writer. The overall process of how to write a research paper can be overwhelming for the students. Thus, this guide is going to offer an easy-to-understand article on how to write a research paper.
The first step is to understand the assignment effectively. If you want to complete an assignment successfully, you need to accomplish certain tasks. Thus, this how to write a research paper guide recommends understanding the task sheet by:
- Reading it carefully so that there is no confusion to begin with.
- Identifying the submission and formatting method, length specifications, deadline and assignment goal.
- Making a bulleted list of important points.
If you have to write a research paper, you need to understand the audience. As per the how to write a research paper guide, the audience impacts your choice words, writing and detailing to explain the concepts. If you want to write a research paper successfully, choose whether the content is for a broad audience or an expert audience.
|How to write a research paper|
· Use examples for clarifying important points
· Being informative
· Using simple and slow explanations for argument
· Using simpler and shorter sentences
· Avoiding complex and excessive detail
· Avoiding technical terms
|Expert||· Exhibiting command over the literature|
· Justification of claims
· Avoiding over explanation
This How to write a research paper guide will help to students to develop a structured and informative paper. It is important to produce an idea for the paper as it helps in coming up with a relevant topic. Most of the students who use how to write a research paper guide complain of getting the same feedback every time, which is about the topic being too broad. As per the how to write a research paper guide, you need to focus on a particular subject or issue that will become the centre of the research paper.
Facts about How to Cite a Research Paper
All your queries related to how to cite a research paper are going to be answered in this article. When writing a research paper, you may have to search for how to cite a research paper. This is because of the fact that research papers are required to be original. Any information used from external sources is required to be cited suitably. This how to cite a research paper guide asserts that information to be included is the same for all the citation styles. The only difference is in the format of the style. How to cite a research paper guide considers American Medical Association (AMA), Chicago, Modern Language Association (MLA) and American Psychological Association (APA) to be the most commonly used style.
How to Cite a Research Paper: APA Research Paper Citation
- The first step is to start with the last name of the author and the first initial. For example: Frost, J., & Kringle, K.
- Include the year of publication as per how to cite a research paper guide. For instance: Frost, J., & Kringle, K. (2011).
- The next step in how to cite a research paper guide is to include the title of the paper. For instance: Frost, J., & Kringle, K. (2011). Title of the paper.
- In the fourth step of the how to cite a research paper guide, use information on where the paper was found. For instance: Frost, J., & Kringle, K. (2011). Title of the paper. Retrieved from University Library, January 5, 2020.
- For in-text citation, use parenthetical citation as per the how to cite a research paper guide. For instance: (Frost & Kringle, 2011).
This is the required information for any of the citation style. There is just a change in the formatting of the citation. As per how to cite a research paper guide for Chicago, an example of citation is as follows:
Frost, Jack, and Kris Kringle. “Title of the paper.” Master’s thesis, University name, 2011. Accessed at http://www.
Everything You Need to Know about Good Research Paper Topics
Good research paper topics result in a good research paper. It’s a simple rule. Good research paper topics do not guarantee an effective paper but increase the chances of coming up with an original research paper. One of the key goals of a research paper is to offer new information with analysis and conclusion. Good research paper topics are difficult to find as most of them are repetitive or too uninteresting for the professors. Thus, students should go with topics that are insightful for the audience.
Another important aspect to be considered while choosing good research paper topics is that the topic should interest you as well. If you choose a topic just for sake of it, you will not be able to research effectively for your paper. This is because writing a research paper takes time and you need to be creative and involved in the process throughout. Thus, good research paper topics are sought by students across the world.
Due to this, finding good research paper topics is a complex component of the overall writing process. Try to consult with your instructors as they can offer good research paper topics. You cannot start working on a paper without making a list of good research paper topics. Some of the good research paper topics are the ones that are undiscovered and under-researched. You need to focus on credible sources while writing a research paper. Some examples of good research paper topics include:
- Importance of ethical decisions in a workplace.
- Impact of sustainable development on global businesses.
- Pros and cons of entering into a new market.
- Impact of climatic change on the decision-making in a global business.
- Impact of commercials and advertisements on the modern art.
- How did Victorian era influence the culture?